first day of summer!
Nichole Giles (aka D. N. Giles) was born in Nevada, and moved with her parents to a number of cities in and around the Midwest, mostly staying in Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Her early career plans included becoming a megastar actress or a rock star, but she decided instead to have a family and then become a writer, in that order. Writing is her passion, but she also loves to spend time with her family, travel, drive in the rain with the convertible top down, and play music at full volume so she can sing along.
Learn more about Nichole on her website: www.nicholegiles.com and her blog: Random-ish.
LDSWBR: What activities do you and/or your family participate in every summer? Do you have plans to try something or go somewhere new this year?
NICHOLE: As a family we like to hike, travel, camp and swim. We'd also love to go boating a lot--if we had a boat. Which we don't. Yet. We also like to go to concerts, fireworks displays, and city celebrations. And we barbecue a lot, because we love being outside. We don't have big plans for a family vacation this summer because we took a big trip this past winter, but we do hope to do lots of the fun activities available locally.
LDSWBR: Do you have a favorite summer food or drink? If so, are you willing to share the recipe?
NICHOLE: My favorite drink of all time is Dr. Pepper. I do not have that recipe--but if you know where I can find it, I'd love to know the top-secret ingredients. My favorite summer food is usually fresh veggies cooked in a variety of different ways. Or not cooked. Take peas, for instance. I prefer those fresh off the vines and out of the pods. Raspberries, too.
LDSWBR: What books are on your summer reading list?
NICHOLE: Any time you want to see what I'm reading, you can check out my list of upcoming reviews at www.starcrossedbookreviews.blogspot.com.
This summer, I'm especially excited about reading Spells by Aprilynne Pike, The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum, Sweethearts by Sara Zarr, Chocolate Roses by Joan Sowards, Trapped by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen, Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer, and MockingJay by Suzanne Collins. There are more on my list, but they slip my mind right now. As I said, check out my review site for updates.
LDSWBR: Thank you, Nichole!
Tweet this today for an entry into the drawing:
The Sharp Edge of a Knife by Nichole Giles- Countdown to Summer 2010- Win a $25 Amazon gift card & books! http://bit.ly/9LC8xs #ldswbr2010
- Abish: Daughter of God by K.C. Grant
- TRAPPED by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- The Road Show by Braden Bell
- Awakening Avery by Laurie Lewis
- Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden
- Summer in Paris by Michele Ashman Bell
- Hometown Girl by Michele Ashman Bell
- Alma the Younger by Heather (H.B.) Moore
- Queen in Exile OR The Guise of a Gentleman by Donna Hatch (winner's choice)
- The Silence of God by Gale Sears (book or audio- winner's choice)
- Dangerous Connections by Julie Coulter Bellon
- Blink of an Eye by Gregg Luke
- Critique of three chapters (up to 30 pages) from Nichole Giles
- Post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Summer 2010 author posts. Comments can be added on any of the author posts anytime during the contest period (June 1, 2010 through June 21, 2010). Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Summer" author post will be entered into the drawing. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LDSWBR - then send us a direct message to let us know you want to be entered in the Countdown to Summer 2010 Contest. If you are already a follower you need to send us a direct message telling us you want to be included in the contest.
- Tweet about that day’s author post using the tweet message included in each author post. Send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com with the link to your tweet. Only one tweet per day counts so no need to harass your friends :). LDSWBR must be able to see the tweet in order for you to get an entry into the contest.
- Tweet this message each day (one entry per day). Just copy and paste into your twitter message window to send it: LDSWBR Countdown to Summer 2010 at http://ldswbr.blogspot.com! Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card & some great books! @ldswbr #ldswbr2010
- Follow LDSWBR on Facebook, then send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com that you’d like to be entered into the Countdown to Summer 2010 Contest. If you already follow LDSWBR on Facebook, send us an email to let us know you’d like to be included in the contest.
- Blog about this contest on your blog in a post that includes the link to the LDSWBR blog, then send us the link to your specific blog post.
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MDT on June 25, 2010. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MDT on July 3, 2010 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.