Nancy and her husband Jim raised their family in Utah. They currently reside in Sandy, where Nancy spends her time in her gardening, painting with watercolors, and working on manuscripts when she is not involved in her favorite activity, spending time with her 11 grandchildren.
Carroll wrote her debut novel, The Broken Covenant, during the first teacher exchange. After writing several more novels and a non-fiction book (all published by Deseret Book), Carroll turned to copywriting to help put her children through college. Now back at doing what she loves most, Carroll has written a series, The Company of Good Women, with her sister, Nancy Anderson and her “almost sister,” Lael Littke. "It's about about three women who want to grow into being Crusty Old Broads (COBS) written by three women who are Crusty Old Broads”
She collaborated with her sister on her most recent novel, Leaning into the Curves, a humorous and poignant look at how retirement can affect a marriage.
As far as trips go, my sister, Nancy, and I will be driving to Boise the end of June to participate in the Temple Riders' rally! (That group figured prominently in our novel, Leaning into the Curves.) We're looking forward to the camaraderie, motorcycle rides, great entertainment, and the temple/community service day.
In July, Gary and I will be back in that part of Idaho for a wedding, family reunions, and the 50th reunion of the Jerome High School class of 1960. Right after we get home, I'll be participating in the ANWA writer's retreat Clay Springs, AZ. After that, we'll be enjoying the monsoon season--hopefully it brings a lot of rain this year.
Large can albacore tuna, drained
2/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 cups frozen peas
1 red or yellow pepper diced
Enough mayonnaise to moisten
Salt and pepper to taste
Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Abish: Daughter of God by K.C. Grant
- TRAPPED by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- The Road Show by Braden Bell
- Awakening Avery by Laurie Lewis
- Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden
- Summer in Paris by Michele Ashman Bell
- Hometown Girl by Michele Ashman Bell
- Alma the Younger by Heather (H.B.) Moore
- Queen in Exile OR The Guise of a Gentleman by Donna Hatch (winner's choice)
- The Silence of God by Gale Sears (book or audio- winner's choice)
- Dangerous Connections by Julie Coulter Bellon
- Critique of three chapters (up to 30 pages) from Nichole Giles
- Post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Summer 2010 author posts. Comments can be added on any of the author posts anytime during the contest period (June 1, 2010 through June 21, 2010). Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Summer" author post will be entered into the drawing. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LDSWBR - then send us a direct message to let us know you want to be entered in the Countdown to Summer 2010 Contest. If you are already a follower you need to send us a direct message telling us you want to be included in the contest.
- Tweet about that day’s author post using the tweet message included in each author post. Send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com with the link to your tweet. Only one tweet per day counts so no need to harass your friends :). LDSWBR must be able to see the tweet in order for you to get an entry into the contest.
- Tweet this message each day (one entry per day). Just copy and paste into your twitter message window to send it: LDSWBR Countdown to Summer 2010 at http://ldswbr.blogspot.com! Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card & some great books! @ldswbr #ldswbr2010
- Follow LDSWBR on Facebook, then send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com that you’d like to be entered into the Countdown to Summer 2010 Contest. If you already follow LDSWBR on Facebook, send us an email to let us know you’d like to be included in the contest.
- Blog about this contest on your blog in a post that includes the link to the LDSWBR blog, then send us the link to your specific blog post.
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MDT on June 25, 2010. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MDT on July 3, 2010 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.