Our blog has moved!

Dear loyal LDSWBR follower:

Happy News - LDSWBR has a new home! Please come visit us, tell us what you think, and let's talk books. Happy reading!

- Shanda, Sheila, Mindy, and Hillary

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ldswomensbookreview.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Organize Now! by Jennifer Ford Berry - Book Review

Title: Organize Now!

Author: Jennifer Ford Berry

Publisher: North Light Books

Published Date: 2008

ISBN#: 978-1-60061-108-7

Hardcover, 240 pages

From the Cover: "A week-by-week guide to simplify your space AND your life"


During our Christmas Gift Suggestion podcast (LDSWBR Episode 39), I told our listeners (okay, I gushed on and on) about a book I'd checked out from the library called Organize Now! by Jennifer Berry. Jennifer is a professional organizer and speaker, and she's owned her own organizing business for about 8 years.

The first thing that caught my eye with this book was it's size (about the same as a good sized organizer/planner) and that it's just so pretty! I love the happy, brightly colored pages and graphics. It's almost as if the pages themselves are cheering me on in my efforts.

The next thing I noticed was the very thing that sold me- neat, concise and clear checklists for each week. No lecturing paragraphs or recounting of every client she's ever helped. In fact, Jennifer states specifically she didn't want to overwhelm the reader with paragraphs full of information- something I appreciate greatly.

What worked for me: I love that Jennifer's initial focus is "Organize Yourself." Week One is Organize Your Mind, where she encourages the reader to get at least seven hours of sleep and to start each day with a To Do list, among many other useful things. Each week she recommends weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals or To Dos to help keep the reader on track with their organizational goals. I really like how she encourages focusing on what needs to be done now while at the same time laying the groundwork for success in the future. Jennifer leaves plenty of space for note-taking as well.

What didn't work for me: The only shortcomings to speak of are my own- but this book can only help that :).


Rating: 5 out of 5 (I LOVE this book!)
Would I read it again? I have, and I will- again, and again, and again- every week :)
Would I recommend this book? Absolutely, to anyone (guys might not care for the lime green cover and flowery graphics, but then again, most guys aren't that concerned about organizing either)
Would I read more of Jennifer's books? Yep!

Jennifer's website: Organize This Life! and her BLOG.


FTC FYI: My hubby bought this book with his own money as a Christmas gift for me from the kids.

1 comment: