Our blog has moved!

Dear loyal LDSWBR follower:

Happy News - LDSWBR has a new home! Please come visit us, tell us what you think, and let's talk books. Happy reading!

- Shanda, Sheila, Mindy, and Hillary

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ldswomensbookreview.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Hate It When Exercise is the Answer by Emily Watts



Hi Friends!


Hillary here! I am excited to have Wednesdays to review what I have been reading. Some weeks it's quite possible that all you will see is a smiley face :) some weeks you may see a gianormous (sp?, wait- word?) review. Either way, I will do everything I can to make sure I post. And maybe, just maybe I might eventually create my own blog to attach to this one too. You just can't have enough of me! Well, yes you can. ANYWAY, not the point!


The point is, I have just finished reading Emily Watts' new book, "I Hate It When Exercise Is The Answer." As a non-fiction junkie I would have to say this is a very good book. Emily writes short, informative, yet entertaining chapters that really make you think, with the "exercise" being at the end of the chapter. I love how she ties exercise in to be more of the non-sweaty kind. I thought it was very clever and well done. I must admit though, I am a fan of the sweaty kind of exercise, and I was curious to see if she had written an exercise book :) The irony in my life, is that I love to exercise, yet can't EVER remember how to spell it. I had to double check for this post :)


One of my favorite chapters was an "exercise in perspective". I loved how she said a way to look at challenges: "Is this really as bad as it seems? Chances are, this challenge isn't really as big as it feels. It's just closer to my heart right now." She followed up with hymn #115 which in part states "Earth has no sorrow that Heav'n cannot heal." I love that. It gives such comfort.


In all there are 31 "exercises". You can read them one at a time, a day or two at a time, or read it all in one setting. It's a quick, enjoyable read! I think Emily did a fantastic job and I am really a big fan! Thanks!


FTC FYI: LDSWBR received a free review copy of I Hate It When Exercise is the Answer by Emily Watts courtesy of Deseret Book.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Hilary! That book is very different than I thought it would be, but I still want to read it.

    Thanks for posting!! It's fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete