LuAnn Staheli's published work includes When Hearts Conjoin (Richard Paul Evans Publishing), an essay in Famous Family Nights (Cedar Fort) and another in Teaching Ideas K-12: What Really Works (Christopher-Gordon). LuAnn is currently working on Supermind with mentalist Jim Karol (details are still being finalized).
LuAnn's work can be purchased at Confetti Antiques & Books in Spanish Fork, UT, Seagull Book Stores (you may have to order them in some stores), Barnes & Noble Stores (may have to order them) or online at Barnes & Noble and www.amazon.com.
Learn more about LuAnn on her website: www.luannstaheli.com or her blog: LuAnn's Library.
LDSWBR: What favorite holiday traditions do you and your family participate in every year? Will you be starting any new traditions this year?
LUANN: Each year we start the holiday season by going out to eat at either the Mexican or Chinese restaurant in downtown the Friday after Thanksgiving, the night of the Spanish Fork Light Parade. We get a great parking space, then after dinner wait in the car until the parade comes along. Then the next Sunday we all pile into the car and head to the Festival of Lights for a drive through, checking to see which displays are new. One evening before Christmas, I always build the winter scene puzzle which as been a tradition since I was a child in my own parents' home. I've done this so many years that I have the puzzle memorized, so despite the fact it's over 1,500 pieces, I can put the whole thing together in a couple of hours.
LDSWBR: What books on your Christmas wish list, LuAnn?
LUANN: I'm notorious for buying my own books for Christmas, so I already have them sitting on the bedside table. The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans, Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton, and Breathless by Dean Koontz are all sitting on my nightstand. Now my biggest wish--find the time to read them!
LDSWBR: It seem there never is enough time to read :). What books have you purchased/will you purchase as gifts for loved ones this year? (Unless sharing would ruin the surprise!)
LUANN: The Promise of Enough by Emily Freeman. I had the opportunity to do the final proof edit on this book and loved it, so I bought a copy for myself and plan to buy a few as gifts as well.
LDSWBR: Thank you, LuAnn. Have a great Christmas!
My husband and I took our kids to the "Santa's Arrival" event in our city. Though we missed his arrival on a fire truck, the kids still enjoyed the free crafts, scones & hot chocolate, as well as the cookie decorating. What special events (like Spanish Fork's Light Parade) does your city host during the holiday season?
***Countdown to Christmas Contest***
LDSWBR will hold a drawing on Christmas Day for a $25 eGift Card from Deseret Book, as well as a variety of books being offered by some of the LDS authors that will be featured on the blog. Simply post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas author posts to enter. Here are the rules:
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" author post will be entered into the drawing. This allows the potential for 24 entries per person at the end of the contest. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 24, 2009. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on December 31, 2009 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Hidden Branch by G.G. Vandagriff
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell (includes a bonus copy of Michele's Christmas booklet, A Candle in the Window)
- Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack
- MISSING by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw
- Love Letters of Joseph and Emma (autographed copy) by Angela Eschler
- Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine
- Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Shudder by Jennie Hansen
- Mormon Mishaps & Mischief by D. N. Giles & C. L. Beck
- Dawn's Early Light by Laurie (L.C.) Lewis
- The Fairy Thorn (brand new release!) by Dorothy Keddington