Gregg's books are available for purchase at Deseret Book and Seagull Book.
Learn more about Gregg on his website: www.greggluke.com.
Listen to our podcast with Gregg on www.ldswomensbookreview.com.
LDSWBR: What favorite holiday traditions do you and your family participate in each year?
GREGG: Too numerous to mention. We always try to visit Temple Square for the lights. As far as personal traditions, we have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. The kids usually give a play or message and then we read Luke 2.
LDSWBR: What books are on your Christmas wish list, Gregg?
GREGG: Books are my favorite gift, so any book is a wonderful surprise to me. Unfortunately, I have little patience when it comes to getting a book from my favorite authors. I usually go out and buy it myself rather than waiting for Christmas or my birthday.
LDSWBR: What books have you purchased/will you purchase for loved ones this Christmas? (Don't spoil any surprises!)
GREGG: I sent a number of copies of my novels to friends and family. I also picked up Stephanie Black's and Jennie Hansen's latest.
LDSWBR: Thanks, Gregg. Merry Christmas!
Rebecca Irvine is the author of two books, Adventures with the Word of God (Oct 2008, Horizon/CFI) and Family Home Evening Adventures (Nov 2009, Horizon/CFI). She is currently working on a manuscript with plans for submission in January.
Family Home Evening Adventures is available for purchase at Cedar Fort, Deseret Book, and Amazon.
Visit Rebecca on her blog: Rebecca Irvine.
LDSWBR: Rebecca, what favorite family traditions do you and your family participate in every year?
REBECCA: My favorite holiday tradition is Christmas morning brunch with my family. My mother makes a delicious ham, home fried potatoes, eggs, fruit, and croissants. It is so yummy--my mom is an amazing cook! And with brunch there are Christmas Crackers, a traditional English holiday game. Before we eat we open these fun packages that are full goodies: crowns, jokes, and trinkets. It is always exciting to see what little gifts were inside everyone's cracker. After the crackers and brunch we turn on some carols and head in to the tree to open gifts.
LDSWBR: What books are on your Christmas wish list?
REBECCA: The Joseph Smith Papers (vol. 1 and 2), Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Agent Bishop, Altared Plans, and The Ball's in Her Court.
LDSWBR: What books will you purchase/have you purchased for loved ones this Christmas? (Unless it would ruin the surprise!)
REBECCA: I have already bought each of my kids a new book for Christmas: The Red Badge of Courage for my son, a Nancy Drew for my oldest daughter, and a Junie B. Jones for my first grade daughter. I plan on getting my father a book as well, but I don't want to spoil the surprise!
LDSWBR: Thanks for sharing with us, Rebecca, and for donating a copy of your book as a prize!
Rebecca's mom puts together a delicious brunch. Who does the holiday cooking in your house? Do you share cooking and baking duties, or does one person do the bulk of the food preparation? Do you or someone in your family have a special dish that only you/they can make just right?
***Countdown to Christmas Contest***
LDSWBR will hold a drawing on Christmas Day for a $25 eGift Card from Deseret Book, as well as a variety of books being offered by some of the LDS authors that will be featured on the blog. Simply post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas author posts to enter. Here are the rules:
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" author post will be entered into the drawing. This allows the potential for 24 entries per person at the end of the contest. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 24, 2009. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on December 31, 2009 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Hidden Branch by G.G. Vandagriff
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell (includes a bonus copy of Michele's Christmas booklet, A Candle in the Window)
- Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack
- MISSING by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw
- Love Letters of Joseph and Emma (autographed copy) by Angela Eschler
- Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine
- Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Shudder by Jennie Hansen
- Mormon Mishaps & Mischief by D. N. Giles & C. L. Beck
- Dawn's Early Light by Laurie (L.C.) Lewis
- The Fairy Thorn (brand new release!) by Dorothy Keddington
- Torn Apart (signed copy) by Diony George
- Pursued: A Maggie McKenzie Mystery by Lynn Gardner