Anne Bradshaw is the author of four books. Her most recently published work, Famous Family Nights, is available for purchase at www.amazon.com, Deseret Book, Seagull Book and all LDS book stores.
Visit Anne on her website: www.annebradshaw.com and her blog: Anne's Place.
LDSWBR: What favorite holiday traditions do you and your family participate in each year? Will you be starting any new traditions this Christmas?
ANNE: When our children all lived at home, we made Christmas Mints during the family night two weeks before Christmas Day. These were mint creams dipped in chocolate and the process also involved some finger-licking testing of ingredients. Then, for family home evening the week of the 25th we wrapped up warm and went caroling on the neighbor doorsteps, handing out bow-wrapped plates of treats. We sometimes cajoled sons to play musical instruments while the rest of us sang. Trumpet, saxophone, and violin were all involved at times, with varying degrees of competence. I look back on those days with great fondness, and wish they could return.
LDSWBR: Anne, what books are on your Christmas wish list this year?
ANNE: The Undaunted, English Trifle, Missing
LDSWBR: What books have you purchased/will you purchase as gifts for loved ones this year? (Unless sharing would ruin the surprise!)
ANNE: Sharing would ruin the surprise for sure. What goes on the internet stays on the internet! And there's no hiding from spying eyes :-).
LDSWBR: So true! Thanks for sharing with us, Anne. Merry Christmas!
Do you have any holiday traditions that you no longer do because of one reason or another? What Christmas memories make you sentimental?
***Countdown to Christmas Contest***
LDSWBR will hold a drawing on Christmas Day for a $25 eGift Card from Deseret Book, as well as a variety of books being offered by some of the LDS authors that will be featured on the blog. Simply post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas author posts to enter. Here are the rules:
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" author post will be entered into the drawing. This allows the potential for 24 entries per person at the end of the contest. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 24, 2009. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on December 31, 2009 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Hidden Branch by G.G. Vandagriff
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell (includes a bonus copy of Michele's Christmas booklet, A Candle in the Window)
- Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack
- MISSING by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw
- Love Letters of Joseph and Emma (autographed copy) by Angela Eschler
- Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine
- Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Shudder by Jennie Hansen
- Mormon Mishaps & Mischief by D. N. Giles & C. L. Beck
- Dawn's Early Light by Laurie (L.C.) Lewis
- The Fairy Thorn (brand new release!) by Dorothy Keddington