J. Adams is the author of four novels and several ebooks. The Journey is her most recent release. She is also a motivational and youth speaker. Jewel and her husband, Sean, are the parents of eight children. She and her family reside in West Point, UT.
You can purchase The Journey through Jewel's website: www.jadamsnovels.com, or www.amazon.com.
LDSWBR: What holiday traditions do you and your family participate in each year? Will you be starting and new traditions this Christmas?
JEWEL: Every Christmas Eve we have our annual Adams Family Christmas program with our kids. Everyone participates, whether it's performing a musical number or telling a Christmas story. Then we have hoagies and pig out on holiday treats. It's a lot of fun, and we always tell our kids, "If you don't participate, you don't eat :-)" Afterward, we let each kid open one gift. It calms them down enough to get them to sleep :-).
My favorite Christmas movies that are a must-watch every year are: It's a Wonderful Life, While You Were Sleeping, The Holiday, Bed of Roses.
My absolute favorite Christmas treats are fruitcake (don't laugh) and petit fours.
LDSWBR: Jewel, what books did you put on your Christmas wish list this year?
JEWEL: The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans, Farworld: Land Keep by J. Scott Savage, No Going Back by Jonathan Langford
LDSWBR: What books do you plan on purchasing/have you purchased as gifts for loved ones this year? (Unless sharing would ruin the surprise!)
JEWEL: The Maze Runner (my daughter needs her own copy cause she ain't getting mine :-)), The Percy Jackson Series, Eyes Like Mine, Revenge and Redemption, and all the other books above.
LDSWBR: Thanks so much, Jewel!
Does your family put on program or talent show for Christmas? What do you do to "inspire" family members to participate?
***Countdown to Christmas Contest***
LDSWBR will hold a drawing on Christmas Day for a $25 eGift Card from Deseret Book, as well as a variety of books being offered by some of the LDS authors that will be featured on the blog. Simply post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas author posts to enter. Here are the rules:
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" author post will be entered into the drawing. This allows the potential for 24 entries per person at the end of the contest. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 24, 2009. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on December 31, 2009 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Hidden Branch by G.G. Vandagriff
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell (includes a bonus copy of Michele's Christmas booklet, A Candle in the Window)
- Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack
- MISSING by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
- Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw
- Love Letters of Joseph and Emma (autographed copy) by Angela Eschler
- Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine
- Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Shudder by Jennie Hansen
- Mormon Mishaps & Mischief by D. N. Giles & C. L. Beck
- Dawn's Early Light by Laurie (L.C.) Lewis
- The Fairy Thorn (brand new release!) by Dorothy Keddington