Sheralyn was born at an early age, with 10 fingers and 10 toes. She is proud to report that she currently retains all 20 digits. In the past Sheralyn has been a karate instructor, musical theater performer, a beach bum, freelance writer, nomadic traveler, and, yes, a private investigator. At the moment she enjoys working with and training her dog to give the poor thing breaks from sitting and Sheralyn's feet with the unbearable task of watching someone write a book.
Really, and you thought your job was bad!
Sheralyn currently resides in Salt Lake City, Utah, although as people who know her can attest to, that is subject to change at any time ;)
LDSWBR: What author/book had the most impact on you this year?
SHERALYN: Such an excellent question. Sure wish I had a definitive answer. Different books impacted me in different ways this year. One book I really remember includes Infinite Days. The vividness of the first chapters were a huge reminder to me that writing can cover all the senses. An LDS title I'm liking right now is Second Comforter by Denver Snuffer. Nonfiction is really where it's at for me in 2010. This past year I haven't gravitated to fiction like years past, so the books that are on my radar are things like Second Comforter and Save the Cat (screenwriting book).
LDSWBR: What books are you giving/asking for this Christmas?
SHERALYN: Shhhh. Don't tell, but I'm giving gift cards to a book store. I'm going to let people choose. If I chose for them, however, I would likely get my neices and nephews the Percy Jackson series, Maximum Ride, Warriors, or some series like that. They're 12 and under, so I'd be focusing on fun, light juvenile adventures.
LDSWBR: If you could only participate in one Holiday activity or tradition this year, what would it be?
SHERALYN: I'd say getting together with all my family on Christmas Eve. My mom's German, so Christmas Eve has always been a bigger deal with us than Christmas Day.
LDSWBR: And one more just for fun- eggnog or warm apple cider?
SHERALYN: Eggnog. Almost always.
LDSWBR: Thank you, Sheralyn. Merry Christmas!
- Oh, Say Can You See? by Laurie (LC) Lewis
- Backlash by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Alma the Younger by Heather (HB) Moore
- True Miracles with Genealogy by Anne Bradshaw
- Dingo by Anne Bradshaw
- Second Kiss by Natalie Palmer
- Cross My Heart by Julie Wright
- Cold As Ice by Stephanie Black
- Meg's Melody by Kaylee Baldwin
- Save the Child by Margaret Turley
- Anasazi Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- Mayan Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- City of Angels by Sheralyn Pratt
- The Star Prophecy by Joan Sowards (and Walnut Springs Press)
- A cute, handmade apron by Joan Sowards
- Post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas 2010 posts. Comments can be added on any of the countdown posts at anytime during the contest period (December 1, 2010 through December 25, 2010). Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" post will be entered into the drawing. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LDSWBR - then send us a direct message to let us know you want to be entered in the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you are already a follower send a direct message telling us you want to be included in the contest.
- Tweet this message each day (one entry per day). Just copy and paste into your twitter message window to send it (LDSWBR must be able to see the tweet): LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2010 at http://ldswbr.blogspot.com! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card & great books! @ldswbr
- Follow LDSWBR on Facebook, then send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com that you’d like to be entered into the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you already follow LDSWBR on Facebook, send us an email to let us know you’d like to be included in the contest.
- **BONUS +5 entries**- Blog about this contest on your blog in a post that includes a link back to the LDSWBR blog, then send us the link to your specific blog post.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 25, 2010. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on January 3, 2010 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Physical book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Authors taking part in the countdown are eligible to participate in the contest.
- The drawing held on December 26, 2010 will be a raffle-type drawing. All entries will be combined and names drawn for the prizes.