MAGGIE: Definitely Alicia by Alicia Appleman-Jurman. It is the story of a young girl in Leningrad. It was beautiful and sad and filled with hope at the same time. It is not a new book, but I highly recommend it!
LDSWBR: What books are you giving/asking for this Christmas?
MAGGIE: I will be buying lots of children's books for Christmas. This is my favorite gift! Some books I am asking for are the Rhea Jensen series by Sheralyn Pratt, Divinely Designed by Rachael Renee Anderson, and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.
LDSWBR: If you could only participate in one Holiday activity or tradition this year, what would it be?
MAGGIE: Going on a real sleigh ride pulled by horses with my entire family.
LDSWBR: And one more just for fun- eggnog or warm apple cider?
MAGGIE: Yuck to both! Hot chocolate for sure!
LDSWBR: Good answer. :) Thank you very much, Maggie!
- Oh, Say Can You See? by Laurie (LC) Lewis
- Backlash by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Alma the Younger by Heather (HB) Moore
- True Miracles with Genealogy by Anne Bradshaw
- Dingo by Anne Bradshaw
- Second Kiss by Natalie Palmer
- Cross My Heart by Julie Wright
- Cold As Ice by Stephanie Black
- Meg's Melody by Kaylee Baldwin
- Save the Child by Margaret Turley
- Anasazi Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- Mayan Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- The Star Prophecy by Joan Sowards (and Walnut Springs Press)
- A cute, handmade apron by Joan Sowards
- Post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas 2010 posts. Comments can be added on any of the countdown posts at anytime during the contest period (December 1, 2010 through December 25, 2010). Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" post will be entered into the drawing. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LDSWBR - then send us a direct message to let us know you want to be entered in the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you are already a follower send a direct message telling us you want to be included in the contest.
- Tweet this message each day (one entry per day). Just copy and paste into your twitter message window to send it (LDSWBR must be able to see the tweet): LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2010 at http://ldswbr.blogspot.com! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card & great books! @ldswbr
- Follow LDSWBR on Facebook, then send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com that you’d like to be entered into the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you already follow LDSWBR on Facebook, send us an email to let us know you’d like to be included in the contest.
- **BONUS +5 entries**- Blog about this contest on your blog in a post that includes a link back to the LDSWBR blog, then send us the link to your specific blog post.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 25, 2010. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on January 3, 2010 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Physical book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Authors taking part in the countdown are eligible to participate in the contest.
- The drawing held on December 26, 2010 will be a raffle-type drawing. All entries will be combined and names drawn for the prizes.