Visit Kristen on her website, blog, and on Facebook.
KRISTEN: Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I love this author--and not just because she gave me a great blurb for The Limit. I'm usually more of a mystery/suspense/dystopian/romance reader, but this historical fiction book won me over with the story of three girls who were involved in the Triangle shirtwaist factory fire.
LDSWBR: What books are you giving/asking for this Christmas?
KRISTEN: Matched by Ally Condie--My fourteen year old niece is going to love it.
LDSWBR: If you could only participate in one Holiday activity or tradition this year, what would it be?
KRISTEN: Our extended family Christmas Pagent. It's an original musical production performed by the cousins with such songs as 'The Shepherd Dance' and 'The Wiseman Rap'. It gets bigger and better each year. An addition this year is something from the Book of Mormon. My son says he's cast as Nephi, but he's not sure which one. It could be 1st Nephi or 3rd Nephi as best as we can guess. We'll find out on Christmas Eve when Zach, our director/choreographer/composer, will let him know!
LDSWBR: And one more just for fun- eggnog or warm apple cider?
KRISTEN: Eggnog--no question. But I buy the light variety to try to save a few calories.
LDSWBR: Thank you, Kristen. Merry Christmas!
- Oh, Say Can You See? by Laurie (LC) Lewis
- Backlash by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Alma the Younger by Heather (HB) Moore
- True Miracles with Genealogy by Anne Bradshaw
- Dingo by Anne Bradshaw
- Second Kiss by Natalie Palmer
- Cross My Heart by Julie Wright
- Cold As Ice by Stephanie Black
- Meg's Melody by Kaylee Baldwin
- Save the Child by Margaret Turley
- Anasazi Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- Mayan Intrigue (ebook) by Linda Weaver Clarke
- The Star Prophecy by Joan Sowards (and Walnut Springs Press)
- A cute, handmade apron by Joan Sowards
- Post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas 2010 posts. Comments can be added on any of the countdown posts at anytime during the contest period (December 1, 2010 through December 25, 2010). Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" post will be entered into the drawing. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LDSWBR - then send us a direct message to let us know you want to be entered in the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you are already a follower send a direct message telling us you want to be included in the contest.
- Tweet this message each day (one entry per day). Just copy and paste into your twitter message window to send it (LDSWBR must be able to see the tweet): LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2010 at http://ldswbr.blogspot.com! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card & great books! @ldswbr
- Follow LDSWBR on Facebook, then send an email to ldswbr at gmail dot com that you’d like to be entered into the Countdown to Christmas 2010 Contest. If you already follow LDSWBR on Facebook, send us an email to let us know you’d like to be included in the contest.
- **BONUS +5 entries**- Blog about this contest on your blog in a post that includes a link back to the LDSWBR blog, then send us the link to your specific blog post.
- Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 25, 2010. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on January 3, 2010 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
- LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
- Physical book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Authors taking part in the countdown are eligible to participate in the contest.
- The drawing held on December 26, 2010 will be a raffle-type drawing. All entries will be combined and names drawn for the prizes.