Our blog has moved!

Dear loyal LDSWBR follower:

Happy News - LDSWBR has a new home! Please come visit us, tell us what you think, and let's talk books. Happy reading!

- Shanda, Sheila, Mindy, and Hillary

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ldswomensbookreview.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wrong Number- Rachelle J. Christensen



Hey Kids-

Sorry I've missed a few weeks in there...To say my life is chaos right now would be an understatement. I'm sorry to report that it will probably get worse before it gets better, as my family is moving out of state. Anyhoo, I will try to keep up when it's my turn.

LDS Storymakers conference this year is where I caught my glimpse of "Wrong Number." As I scanned the inside cover, I noticed it mentioned that she had won a first chapter contest from Story Makers previously (I'm not sure which year), so with great interest I started with that award winning first chapter, and it did not disappoint.

Aubree Stewart starts her day like many of us. Well, like me. Forgetting to charge her cell phone (her being pregnant she at least has an excuse, I'm not pregnant, just naturally forgetful).So, her husband generously lets her use his. As she is driving into work, she receives a call that forever changes her life.

Because of the call, Aubree becomes the hunted. She finds herself in the witness protection program and having her first baby. Some exciting things happen (I just CAN"T tell you, you have to read it for yourself), she unexpectedly and creatively finds a way to take care of herself and her daughter, and in the process finds love.

The book spans approximately 18 months, which can be a long time in a book, but you don't feel it too much in this one. I liked that the love she finds comes from a surprising and unpredictable source, which was a pleasant addition to the book. I personally could have used a little more sizzle, but it still worked wonderfully with what was going on.

Overall for a freshman novel, it was well done, unexpected and unpredictable. I was kept constantly on the edge of my seat, and wide awake despite the late hour I found myself in. Again. Really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend it.

Until next time!

Hillary

ftc fyi- library

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm charging my cell phone right now. :) Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete