Our blog has moved!

Dear loyal LDSWBR follower:

Happy News - LDSWBR has a new home! Please come visit us, tell us what you think, and let's talk books. Happy reading!

- Shanda, Sheila, Mindy, and Hillary

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ldswomensbookreview.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Necromancer - Michael Scott


The Necromancer

Author: Michael Scott

Publisher: Delacorte Press

Published: 2010

Hardcover: 385 pages

ISBN: 978-0-385-73531-5

FYC FYI- I bought my own copy

"The Necromancer" is the fourth book in the " The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series. This book was awesome, held my attention, and left me wanting more. "The Warlock" will be the next released and last in the series is "The Enchantress". I did some research to try and find a release date for "The Warlock", but I was unsuccessful. (So, if you find anything, let me know.) I'm sure it's because "The Necromancer" was just released :). That's what is so hard about loving a series, is you have to learn to wait.

I would not read this book without reading the other three. Only a week has passed since the start of the series. And, a lot has happened. You might ask yourself, "Why is she reviewing book four then?" And, I really don't have an answer, only that I would want you to read the whole series. You won't be sorry.

Here's the basics on the story: Josh and Sophie Newman are twins. Josh works for Mr. Fleming at his book store and Sophie works at a coffee shop where Mrs. Fleming is a customer. However, The Flemings have a secret. They aren't who they say they are, and the two have been searching for the twins of legend... for centuries. There is an enemy of "Fleming's", his name is John Dee, he is also searching for something. Something that will help him complete all his plans of destruction and earn him favor with the Dark Elders.

There isn't much else I can say without revealing anything spoilerish. However, every book brings interesting problems, magic, power, mystery, and mind-blowing characters. I love this series. It is very fast-paced and well written. I didn't want to read it too fast in order to savor every detail slowly, but I couldn't put it down. I love how the author executes the chapters. They are short, but you jump back and forth from one exciting situation to the next, and there's always a cliffhanger that makes you continue reading. There wasn't anything I didn't like about this book, or the series for that matter.

4 1/2 stars for "The Necromancer" and the other three in the series.

I cannot wait for the next and I would read anything from this author.

Reviewed by Mindy


2 comments:

  1. Would this be a good read for a tween? Or what age group do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! 10-12 and up. Battle scenes are really intense though. I would let my 12 year old read it, if she wanted, but not my nine year old. There is a lot to grasp and understand and I don't think she'd be there yet.

    ReplyDelete