Our blog has moved!

Dear loyal LDSWBR follower:

Happy News - LDSWBR has a new home! Please come visit us, tell us what you think, and let's talk books. Happy reading!

- Shanda, Sheila, Mindy, and Hillary

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ldswomensbookreview.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

By: Stephenie Meyer

Publisher: Little, Brown

Published: June 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-12558-1

Hardcover: 178 pages

Reviewed by Mindy

FTC FYI - I purchased my own copy

Confession: I have already seen "Eclipse" three times. I guess you could say that I enjoyed it. And, I have read the "Twilight Saga" at least five times. I would read anything of Stephenie Meyer's, so, reading this book was a no brainer.
I really enjoyed this little glimpse into newborn Bree's last several days. In "Eclipse", my first impression of her was that of a wild newborn out for anyone's blood she could get, but I found she was reserved and smart. And even though I knew the end result of her demise, I was rooting for her.
It starts with her hunting with a group of out of control vampire newborns. In that group, she gets to know Diego, who is older then her three months. He has survived for almost a year. Diego is Riley's right-hand man, and he's very loyal to his ideas. However, together, they start figuring out that Riley and "her" (their creator) are not being honest with them.
There is a surprise visit from a group from Italy, which I enjoyed, and I (again knowing the end result), liked the ending when she is purposely revealing things to Edward.

Four stars

I would read it again, and I would read more from this author.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, I am going to add this book to my reading list!
    Amber T.

    ReplyDelete